Monday, October 4, 2010

Creating Your To-Do List

This week I will be focusing on To-Do lists! I will post how to’s on creating your to-do list, breaking down bigger tasks to make them more manageable, prioritizing your tasks, and re-prioritizing when life surprises you.

I love lists. I love making lists of things to do, things to pack, RSVP lists, groceries, everything. It is what makes me tick. I know that I am an exception, not the rule. Most people do not enjoy having to come up with lists. The truth is: lists can save you from a lot of future pain and embarrassment. Are you forgetful? I know I am. Ever had something really important to do but you completely forgot about it? Keeping all of your thoughts on paper (or in my case, a smartphone) will save you from banging your head again a wall after forgetting that something. All it takes is carrying a small pad of paper or smartphone with you for all of those reminders or potential to-do's that pop into your head throughout the day.

One trick: also take that pad or phone to bed! Leave it on the nightstand before you go to sleep. When you are falling asleep and think about the one thing that you really want to get done the next day, roll over and quickly write it down before you fall asleep and forget. I forgot to do this recently and instead of remembering to bring more oatmeal into work the next day, I forgot it and went without breakfast. Not fun. I don't know about you, but I am pretty grumpy when I am not fed.

So remember to write down all of your thoughts to create your to-do list, and stay tuned for tomorrow's post on breaking down the bigger tasks on your to-do list! Later we will go over prioritizing all of those items that you have written on your to-do list. As always, please feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts or any questions you might have!

No comments:

Post a Comment