Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Reminders: Setting up Tasks

I will be honest. If there is anything I want to do or have to do in a day it is on my to-do list. I do this so that I do not forget to accomplish the important things, but at the same time I do not forget to enjoy myself. Last post I discussed how I like to view the items on my list, and today I will be going over how I add an item to my list.


To add an item, tap the plus sign in the top right corner of the initital list view or date view screen. In the screen that comes up (shown above) you will be able to give the task a title, set reminders and repeats, choose the list you want the task to be added to, and add priorities and notes. I use all of these fields except for priority. For reminders, I like to be alerted when I need to do the task. You can come up with a great comprehensive list of things you want or need to do, but if you do not add reminders to them, they will sit on the list forever. Even if you actively check your list, it is difficult to remember every time you want to do something.

Know what your schedule is for the day, then look at the tasks you want to do in between the events on your schedule. Make sure to allow traveling time between tasks. For example, if you cannot start your laundry until you get home, estimate the time you will be home based on when you will leave school/work and then set your reminder for that time you expect to be back. I also make sure to leave myself a little time to settle in when I get home before I let my phone start bossing me around :) This might take a little bit of practice, but every time you set another one up you will learn what works best for you. And of course, things always come up, so do not feel bad about changing your reminders after the fact. You cannot anticipate everything that will happen in your day.

In the next two posts I will go over what the notifications look like for the reminders you do set up for your tasks and how to use the GPS locator in your reminders. Hope you are having fun setting up your task list!

No comments:

Post a Comment